----------------------------------- D. M. Gremlin Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:08 am Open Mic Night - Coffee Haven, Long Beach - Fridays @ 8pm ----------------------------------- The address and info for this one: Coffee Haven 1708 E. Broadway, Long Beach 562-437-3785 Open Mic Starts at 8pm The sign up starts in the morning, and you can phone in to reserve yourself a spot.  It's probably a good idea to do this.  Wendy and I showed up at about 6:30pm and ended up with spot #19.  I can't remember what time it was exactly when we finally performed, but it was towards the end and pretty late.  I think there was one person after us.   For equipment, the place has 2 microphones and a 1/4" inch cable for their P.A. system.  Each performer is allowed 2 songs, or 8 minutes of time each. Wendy and I went there and performed a song on the 6th of this month.  Also performing that evening were a whole lot of really, really bad comedians (and a couple decent ones).  In fact, the place seemed to be mostly comedians, but there were a significant amount of musical performers there as well.   Overall the vibe was pretty relaxed and supportive.  We'll likely perform there again.