----------------------------------- UniqueNudes Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:34 am Introductions ----------------------------------- I thought it might be nice to start a thread to get to know each other a little better, since the profile only tells so much. As I am the one to start it, I guess I'll go first: My name is Richard Rasner, and I am a photographer (although I graduated UCR with a BA in music and I also photograph a lot of new up & coming recording artists, so you may see me pop in on the recording forums from time to time as well.) I currently reside in Las Vegas, NV, after 10 years of shooting in the Southern CA region. I still go back to CA twice a month or more to shoot, and often it is at DM Gremlin Studios. In fact, one of my largest shoots to date took place there last year in a series we entitled "The Long Beach Marathon" (you can see a short 6 min film shot entirely at DM Studios from that day here: ) I have one best-selling (though now out of print) book out, and another new book scheduled for a Summer 2008 printing. I have been featured in galleries worldwide as well as locally (including a recent show alongside Gremlin at the Los Angeles Center for Digital Art.) The name of my studio is "Nakayama Studios" but almost everyone knows me by my website/online moniker "Unique Nudes." Anyhow, I am always looking to meet new people, especially new models to model (with a name like "Unique Nudes" I always have to keep fresh faces coming in) and other photogs to collaborate with. I am not one of those "These are my ideas and I'll never share" types... If you want to know how I shot something (even my specialty techniques like invisible ink blacklight) just ask! I love to help, seriously. Also, any friend of the DM Gremlin Studio team is a friend of mine. If you find yourself in Las Vegas needing a shoot location, studio, model, assistant or just want to hit some great clubs (I have guest list privileges for all the hot spots in town) contact me at info@uniquenudes.com or 909-519-4456 and I'll be happy to hook you up. I guess that's all for now. Now tell us about you! -- R. ----------------------------------- UniqueNudes Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:38 am Re: Introductions/link ----------------------------------- Whoops! Forgot the video link! Here's the Long Beach Marathon "documentary" film, shot at DM Gremlin Studios and featuring 7 models, including the studios own Wynnesome/GreenBirdGirl! NOTE: The above link is not at all "Safe for Work" ----------------------------------- Battledress Paint N Body Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 pm Re: Introductions ----------------------------------- Ok, Wendy said for me to get my ass over here... so here I am. I paint. Most notoriety has come from painting on people. Go figure. My primary tools are airbrush. So, what do I do besides paint people and things? I teach Bodypainting. Again, Go figure. Credits/Notables: Premier body artist for Cosmetic Compulsive Cosmetics. In charge of West Coast training. Instructor: Airbrush.com University (http://www.bearair.com/prodinfo.asp?number=950106) Body Artist: Vidal Sassoon’s Hairdressers Unlocking Hope campaign. In conjunction with Habitat of Humanity, Hurricane Katrina rebuilding efforts. Resident Pro: LearnAirbrush.com ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 pm Re: Introductions ----------------------------------- Yay, nice to see you here! Feel free to jump on in in the "events" thread for the open house - and wherever else you want of course. These forums are small, but we're getting the ball rolling. At least if nothing else for now it's a place to discuss the studio's events between people involved. You gotta get some stuff up in your deviantART page! So does Frenzy - I have to bug him about that equally. I know he's at SF Fetish Ball next couple days, so I'll get on him for that when he gets back. Meanwhile, I love my top 12 on Model Mayhem right now - how many avatars of MEEE in a row can I have? Me, Adam, you... :D happy fun. Any more thoughts on African Grey tattoos coming to life? I'm all for that one, whenever you want! So blah blah, talk to you soon! ----------------------------------- LuminonPhotography Sat May 31, 2008 8:35 am Re: Introductions ----------------------------------- Well Howdy! I've always been attracted to photography and I am NOT the most artistic person. In fact I'm handicapped by being an engineer (any of you who have close friends who are truly engineers will understand!). This is the second time in my life I have "taken up" photography and now with a bit of worldly experience I'm finding wee bits'o moments where I capture something others don't roll their eyes at when they view it. Now you'll have to go see my post about last night's open house (30 May 2008). Dave ----------------------------------- cycoze Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:01 am Re: Introductions ----------------------------------- Hi, thought i would sign up as i miss seeing W's account and Journal on dA. I'm in the UK, pretty much shoot nature subjects most of the time, always looking to learn new things. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:20 am Re: Introductions ----------------------------------- Hey, good to see you here, hope you will enjoy some of the posts about our crazy events and adventures. Most of them are in the "photography events" section if you didn't find them yet. Also feel free to post images in these forums, or link to your dA page when you post there - I think most people on here are also dA members. Go check him out, people - same username on dA as here, and lots of gorgeous bird and nature photography. ----------------------------------- Stud Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:47 pm Re: Introductions ----------------------------------- Hello all from the UK Got told about this site by Wendy (wynnesome) So thought I'd join up Not had a full look around yet , but I will be tonight , and tomorrow. Right about me :-s Name's Robert , am from the UK Am a freelance Photographer , still getting out there , have a creative (and mad) mind , so that helps with this type of work. Wendy told me about the BlackLight work and workshop , wish I could be there for it Anyway , anyone want to ask anything , please feel free to. Will see you all around :-) ----------------------------------- wynnesome Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:00 pm Re: Introductions ----------------------------------- Robert, really great to see you here. Hope you enjoy following the antics and adventures of our crew. And if you do get to travel this way at some point, by all means come take part in any of the events we've got going on! ----------------------------------- Stud Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:01 pm ----------------------------------- No worries , have bookmarked this site so your not getting away that easy , lol I do hope that I get the chance to get out in the USA , going to be better than here , lol Also, if you want me to put a link up on my site , please feel free to let me know