----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 pm Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 - with EVENT PHOTOS! ----------------------------------- D. M. Gremlin Productions is very proud to present the first in a series of photography workshops with glamour/fetish/fantasy photographer Adam Chilson. The workshop will be an all day event on Saturday, March 29th that covers the basics of Adam's meticulous lighting techniques. Application of these techniques is what allows him to create his reality-suspending images without the use of digital effects or post-production. For some examples of images shot here at an informal workshop with Adam during the last studio Open House event, visit this thread: http://www.dm-gremlin.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=207 The instructional portion of the formal workshop will include demonstrations of lighting applicable to glamour, portrait, and artistic photography. The second half of the day will include shooting opportunities for participating photographers with the model on set. Photographers will receive a promotional model release for portfolio use of images shot at this event. Registration for this workshop is limited to 8 photographers. Workshop fee of $150 must be paid in advance. For complete details and registration information, please visit the workshop web site at http://www.starkravenmusic.com/workshop.html. For inquiries, information, or registration, please contact the studio at studio@dm-gremlin.com, or call 866-334-4364. ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Fun, creative, and talented group for our first workshop! A little behind the scenes action. ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:15 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- A few of the final images ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:16 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Another shot ----------------------------------- wynnesome Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:18 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Ah, that's great. It's going to be excellent for people to see the finished images and then see the actual working space and set. It really was a good group. We all learned a lot - including some things that will help us improve the next workshop even another step. ----------------------------------- littlegett Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:31 pm ----------------------------------- HOLY CRAP!!!!! Those are Fantastic, I had to take a second and third look just to make sure it was NevaehLleh. Beautiful images. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:37 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- There is going to be a real range of images from the evening - did we decide how many photo sets we actually went through? Not counting even the instructional part just on the black and white backdrops, we did at least three separate themes and I think it was more than that, in the variations on the mesh sets. All the "vintage" glamour shots should be just gorgeous as well. ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:23 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- However many it was I are tired. :wink: ----------------------------------- misspixie Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:43 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Wow the shots looks great so far. Can't wait to see what the other photographer's captured. :D ----------------------------------- RestemaIII Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:26 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- I have a few great shots from the workshop. I am trying to post them but having a little trouble. I have some good ones from all the sessions we did throughout the day. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:08 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- When you make a post... scroll down and there is a "browse" button to browse for your files and attach each one. You browse to it, click "add file," repeat, and then click "submit" for the whole post when you are done. ----------------------------------- paindancer Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:47 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Here are a few I have gotten from the workshop. Such a great time! with Paindancer's knowledge/permission, I am removing the 2nd file and re-posting it to the Open House thread, since it was shot at that event and not at the workshop --wynnesome (moderator) ----------------------------------- littlegett Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:36 pm ----------------------------------- Those are fantastic Paindancer, very nice work. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:47 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Ah, the 2nd one is from the open house, right? ----------------------------------- Rauf Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:48 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Adam, your shots of Nev with the scarves are spectacular. I am sorry I couldn't make the workshop. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:08 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Adam, your shots of Nev with the scarves are spectacular. I am sorry I couldn't make the workshop. The next workshop is April 19th, and feel free to contact me/the studio if you are interested in registration for that. Info here: http://www.starkravenmusic.com/workshop.html ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:36 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- I'm going to post a few "behind the scenes" images I took at the workshop day... I thought it would be nice to document the event and get some good group photos. These first two are from the very beginning of the day. We're very informal here. Circled up on the floor of Studio A (the "pretty" room!) - the inevitable first question. Repeat with me: "How many lights are in this picture?" And off we go! ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:45 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- More "behind the scenes" images from workshop day. Set building in Studio B (the "industrial" room). ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:51 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- More "behind-the-scenes" images from our workshop. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:00 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Our workshop group: thank you to everyone who made the day such a wonderful success. We also have to give a rousing thank you to Lisa and Lee Berczel (not pictured) of [url=http://www.battledress.biz]Battledress Paint N Body, who shared the last few hours of the workshop and assisted with production and set direction. ----------------------------------- littlegett Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:09 am ----------------------------------- Those or some fun images. Looks like it was an absolute Blast. ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:43 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Oh... my... god... The image of Shyann and I is priceless! I love it! Thank you Wendy! ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:19 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- :) I'm very happy you like it. Feel free to repost it, and I know you always credit. I'm glad to have gotten a few shots that showed something different from the day from what everyone else was shooting. ----------------------------------- dennis Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:07 am Dennis Ramsey | Photos ----------------------------------- Hey Guys, Sorry it took me a while to post some pictures I got from this amazing workshop. More to follow soon! ----------------------------------- wynnesome Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:13 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Can't wait to see them. Do you see the "add file" browser box under the text box for the post? Use that to upload the files - it will be great to see your images added to the record of the event! ----------------------------------- dennis Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:14 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Oops and here are the images! http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080404/00/47f5aa7c6f052.jpg http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080404/00/47f5abacd936e.jpg ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:44 am Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Looking good, Dennis! ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:49 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- Love brushes in Shyann's hair. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:37 pm Re: Adam Chilson Photography Workshop - March 29, 2008 ----------------------------------- That's quite a striking image. Actually reminds me of what I was telling you about tonight, the "entanglement" concept of shooting the photographer shooting the model. Captures something similar here with the makeup artist working on the model. Some things are interesting in person, and don't photograph strongly - like some of the fire performance things we've talked about. But this is something I think that would easily go right by in real time. And yet you grab that moment through the lens, stop it and examine it, and you've really got something showing here. Not to mention the black, white, and red colors are a very strong combination, and it's just all around nicely composed. I'm really glad you got this shot and posted it!