----------------------------------- wynnesome Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:03 am Wumpskate, March 10, 2008 - Skating and Instigating! ----------------------------------- http://wumpskate.com/ So NevaehLleh called me tonight and asked if I wanted to join her and some friends at the once monthly Wumpskate gothic roller skating night. Despite having other things I should be doing, I couldn't turn it down. Besides, skating has an "exercise" component to it. So it's healthy. The drive there was a nightmare. Never found out exactly why, but just as I was right there, police were roadblocking the intersection I needed to cross to get into the complex. It's downtown LA, so I spent WAY too long trying to find another way around and into the parking lot I needed, while continually getting onto streets that veered off in the wrong direction with nowhere to turn around for blocks, allowed right turns only, or routed right back out of the parking lot without ever getting to the side the skate rink was on. I hate driving, I hate downtown LA, enough said, but I finally got there. Met up with Rosie and was introduced to her friends Vanessa (a model) and ...uh... name that sounds like Melody, but without the "M," and no idea how she spells it (a photographer). Both very cool. There was skating, there was very slow eating of $1 tacos, there was more skating, there was chasing each other around on skates and sometimes knocking each other down. Then there was a basketball shooting game labeled as "out of order, do not insert." We inserted ourselves. There were photos taken. If they are sent to me I will post them here. They are quite priceless, and involved waiting for the skate rental attendant to be over by the snack bar and out of sight of the basket shooting game, so we could climb on, in, and around it. The people around us were slightly stunned and highly amused. We were pleased with ourselves. The drive back was a pain, but less of a nightmare. As we were leaving, a truck was coming by and roping off every exit from the parking lot. Finally found an unblocked exit, but not onto the street I wanted to be on, and didn't know how to get back to the highway from where I was. Ended up quite out of my way, but still navigated back without getting lost, running out of gas, or any other mishap. Great night... too bad it is only once a month - hopefully we will do it again next time and continue to cause trouble! ----------------------------------- littlegett Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:09 am ----------------------------------- AWESOME!!! ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:11 pm Re: Wumpskate, March 10, 2008 - Skating and Instigating! ----------------------------------- My head still hurts from smacking my noggin one of the times I tried to scoot out of the machine quickly so as not to get caught doing so but we had such a blast! Silly Vanessa throwing my second taco away when I wasn't finished! *shakes fist* Oh wells. There will be more tacos next time and I'll be sure to let you know when the pictures show up online! ----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:12 pm Re: Wumpskate, March 10, 2008 - Skating and Instigating! ----------------------------------- I have a scrape on one arm from climbing in/out of the machine too. But hey. I think we've all been there done worse and will again in the name of a great photo! Can't wait to post them here so everyone can see the badness we're talking about. ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:11 pm Re: Wumpskate, March 10, 2008 - Skating and Instigating! ----------------------------------- Woohoo! They have the club pics up. Still no word from Elody yet though. http://www.ladead.com/gallery/galleries/wumpskate/080310_by_Catalyst_Echo_-_ST_PADDYS_SKATE/wumpskate-st.-paddy-026.jpg http://www.ladead.com/gallery/galleries/wumpskate/080310_by_Catalyst_Echo_-_ST_PADDYS_SKATE/wumpskate-st.-paddy-0004.jpg ----------------------------------- wynnesome Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:05 pm Re: Wumpskate, March 10, 2008 - Skating and Instigating! ----------------------------------- Cool!! So much fun. But yep, the "Super Shots" are going to be the real highlight when she gets to scan those Polaroids! ----------------------------------- NevaehLleh Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:05 pm Re: Wumpskate, March 10, 2008 - Skating and Instigating! ----------------------------------- Elody says she gets internet tomorrow! Or today since it's after midnight... but either way we shall have peekshurs soooon! ----------------------------------- wynnesome Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 pm Re: Wumpskate, March 10, 2008 - Skating and Instigating! ----------------------------------- Hooraaaaaay! Can't wait!