----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:36 pm Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! - with EVENT PHOTOS! ----------------------------------- Open House information also at http://www.starkravenmusic.com/openhouse.html as always. February Open House is set for the 20th. Look for an email announcement around the first week in Feb, with event info for February's Open House and workshop dates. February's Open House theme is "Super Heroes!" Come in costume or casual dress, but be prepared to Save the World! We will not be having a formal shoot this month, but we WILL be having a special bodypaint by Lisa Berczel of Battledress Paint-N-Body (MM#47292), in preview of the upcoming "Watchmen" film release! Casual photo shooting will be set up in Studio A for those who wish to pose in costume, and bring your print portfolios for a model/photographer meet-and-greet and portfolio review session in Studio B! As always, first time studio guests please RSVP to studio@dm-gremlin.com with number who will be attending, at least 48 hours in advance of the event. Everyone we've met before, come on over! ----------------------------------- KeithW Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:13 pm Re: Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! ----------------------------------- No pictures???? Sorry we didn't make it. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:08 am Re: Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! ----------------------------------- I'm sure there will be pictures - give it a couple of days... ----------------------------------- KeithW Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:22 am Re: Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! ----------------------------------- :roll: Just too impatient to see what everyone got up to :wink: K ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 pm Opening Round ----------------------------------- The test shot that inspired the rest of the nightly madness. For a shot straight off the camera, it looks unreal. A little blurry, and certainly unrefined. Just bizarre. ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:28 pm Lighting Test ----------------------------------- Wendy amid the chaos of finding positions for the final shot. With everything that was going on I couldn't see exactly where the spot was firing. This pretty much answered the question. ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:33 pm Nap Time ----------------------------------- C'mon now. It wasn't even 2am yet! ----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm Re: Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! ----------------------------------- Wendy amid the chaos of finding positions for the final shot. With everything that was going on I couldn't see exactly where the spot was firing. This pretty much answered the question. :grin: Hey a good model always knows how to find the light, hm? I love these shots and of course looking forward to the finished Super Group ones! ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:38 pm Is Dave really that tall? ----------------------------------- Looks like Dave found an excuse to get his shirt off again. . . . ----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:41 pm Re: Is Dave really that tall? ----------------------------------- Looks like Dave found an excuse to get his shirt off again. . . . Oh, such lovely implications... considering I'm the one standing right next to him! :roll: And, well, I think he is something like 6' 4" to my 5'6", so.... those 10 inches matter??? Argh, that sounds even worse. ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:49 pm Extreme Closeup ----------------------------------- So I told Lisa to get drunk, work fast, and not worry about detail cuz the super hero masks only needed to hold up as slightly out-of-focus background elements in a group shot. Hah! ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:03 pm Super Villains ----------------------------------- Super villains are just misunderstood. Not everyone is bent on destroying the world. . . just dominating it. . . . ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:13 pm Super Hot ----------------------------------- As long as we were painting faces. . . ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:38 pm I Shank You! ----------------------------------- Within seconds of the weaponry going on set, Rosie was already threatening to shank Iris. ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:48 pm Fire Hair Portrait ----------------------------------- Might set up another shoot with her at some point. Have a go at shooting this when I'm not drunk and actually paying attention to what I'm doing. ----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 pm Re: Fire Hair Portrait ----------------------------------- Might set up another shoot with her at some point. Have a go at shooting this when I'm not drunk and actually paying attention to what I'm doing. Awww, where's the crazy expression hair flinging one?? Is that one next? :) ----------------------------------- Adam Chilson Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:58 pm Fire Hair ----------------------------------- This is REAL FAKE fire! ----------------------------------- wynnesome Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm Re: Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! ----------------------------------- Well, after the super hero fun, we presented Adam with a very late Christmas gift. Nyx Valentine, Conundra, Hourglass, NevaehLleh, Miss Pixie, and myself all pitched in to buy Adam a Utilikilt. Due to some production delays, it didn't arrive till just in time to give to him at this Open House. So I wrapped it up in Superman wrapping paper to fit the theme, and we made a good spectacle out of the opening. Lee took photos for us, to document the opening, trying on, and ensuing posing in the new kilt! ----------------------------------- leeland Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:35 am Re: Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! - with EVENT PHOTOS! ----------------------------------- To follow the theme of the night - Adam Chilson as the Kiltster (for some reason Adam decided to reveal his true identity) with ally Green Parrot and foe Blonde Skull in back. This was a "no vendetta" evening so heroes and villains gathered at a neutral location to swap stories and socialize. I'm sure it was a "liberal behavior" experiment that is bound for failure, but insights were gained by all. Zathros Couldn't resist posting here also...... :twisted: ----------------------------------- leeland Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:19 pm Re: Feb 20 Studio Open House - Super Heroes Theme! - with EVENT PHOTOS! ----------------------------------- Worked up a Fan Art cover from one of Adam's shots of Paindancer! http://fc56.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/057/f/b/Superhero_Quarterly_by_Battledress.jpg