----------------------------------- Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:56 am MXL SD mic line? ----------------------------------- Hey guys, I figured theres a good bit of MXL talk round here so someone might know... does anyone know what the deal with MXL's small diaphram mic line is: they've got the 603s with i've heard and know I like, then they've also got the 991 (which looks just like the 603s) that they're marketing in mxl mic packages through the illustrious musicians friend, and then the 993 (which looks more like an akg 451) also sold in mic packages and in pairs and seperately through mf. yet MXL's website only has any info on the 603s... anyone have any idea what these other mics are like? i.e. is the 991 a relabled 603s for MF and GC to sell, or a cheaper mic stuck in the same housing to thow in on mic package deals. and how is the 993 different than a 603s) Thanks for any and all help. oh by the way, what happened to the MXL V77? the tube mic d.m. gremlin used to sell... I could never find any info on it on MXL's site and now I don't see it on the gremlin site???