----------------------------------- wynnesome Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:19 am Re: Veins ----------------------------------- I'm pretty sure that for this shoot that Gremlin and Jeremy had, the model wouldn't have had any body makeup on. I'm not positive, but I know Gremlin had models work with very minimal makeup almost all the time. This continued to be the case when I started shooting with him. He would almost always ask the model to use very light/natural facial makeup, and avoid body makeup or oil. I also had an image where the model's veins became really visible in the b/w conversion. I went back and looked at the color version and the veins were visible, but they did not draw the attention at all. They only became very prominent in the b/w version of the image. I actually thought it made the image much more interesting, and brought the effect out a bit further with a small levels adjustment in post processing. This model had very pale skin and no body makeup. (see CRW_0338 attachment) Another image shot with the model in the same spot, almost same pose, not quite as close a view, but you can also see the veins in this image. (see CRW_0340 attachment) I'm not sure the veins in any of the examples were felt to be a problem, but more a point of interest. This is art photography though, and probably that would be a whole different story if, say, it was a high-fashion photo shoot and the model's veins were distinctly visible in the images!