D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

Trailer Trash Bash at the Chilson Ranch - May 24

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun May 25, 2008 12:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Trailer Trash Bash at the Chilson Ranch - May 24

Oh boy, what a day. Ants in our pants, shotguns, two-timing, wet spots, cold wind, "who's the daddy," beer cans, meat and drinks, stuffed bras, blue eyeshadow, priceless photo moments.

And the frightening part when you consider this group of people, is that almost everyone kept their clothes on for almost the entire day! There were a couple of exceptions... and of course they were documented! We saw it and we have the photos to prove it!

Another day that can not be encompassed in words, and not really in images either, though we got some amazing photos between all who were there.

All friends who were not with us this time, we hope you can be there for the next. And please enjoy the captured moments we can share from the day.

And of course, really great thanks goes to Adam and Dawn for hosting and having us all!

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon May 26, 2008 11:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Trailer Trash Bash at the Chilson Ranch - May 24

I posted a bunch of images from the event on my gallery.

Here are a few highlights though!

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon May 26, 2008 11:46 am ]

More images:

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon May 26, 2008 11:52 am ]

I shot more candids than posed shots, but figured it would be fun to show the "just hanging around" aspect of the day.

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon May 26, 2008 11:56 am ]

Late into the night, trailer trash somehow became Saran Wrap suspension. I'm just not sure how this could have happened...!

Author:  littlegett [ Mon May 26, 2008 2:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looks like I missed out on some funn stuff )-;

I ended up getting a migraine during my class and ended up in a drug induced comma the rest of the day )-;

Author:  NevaehLleh [ Mon May 26, 2008 2:55 pm ]

You were definitely missed!

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon May 26, 2008 5:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

littlegett @ Mon May 26, 2008 3:17 pm wrote:
Looks like I missed out on some funn stuff )-;

I ended up getting a migraine during my class and ended up in a drug induced comma the rest of the day )-;

Ugh, didn't anyone teach you that when you play hooky you're not actually supposed to get sick??

Author:  misspixie [ Tue May 27, 2008 2:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

I love the roller in Adam's facial hair. lol!

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue May 27, 2008 5:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

misspixie @ Tue May 27, 2008 3:29 pm wrote:
I love the roller in Adam's facial hair. lol!

Smile I'm pretty sure that was our dear Conundra's idea. I just made sure it got documented for blackmail, I mean posterity!!!

Author:  Adam Chilson [ Thu May 29, 2008 3:45 am ]

This here is MY PROPERTY!

Author:  Sarahface [ Thu May 29, 2008 9:11 am ]

You guys looks like you had an absolute blast! Lucky ducks!

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 pm ]

Adam Chilson @ Thu May 29, 2008 4:45 am wrote:
This here is MY PROPERTY!

I just have to add here what Megan posted for her description of this photo (2 posts above) in her deviantART account:

"This here shot came late in the day, when I was plumb tuckered out from all the wine swilling and beer-fighting and trying to keep a pregnant hussy from the next trailer park away from Joe-Bob. Some funny-lookin' dude with a curler in his beard got too close to my fancy digs, and I was afraid he'd steal somethin'. Had to put him in line."

Can't wait to see more. SOOO awesome! Mr. Green Laughing

Author:  Adam Chilson [ Thu May 29, 2008 12:33 pm ]

Nice scorpion

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu May 29, 2008 2:00 pm ]

Yahhhhhhhhh!

I will STING you!

And I have a green moustache! Lurlene is the hottest EVAR!

Author:  Adam Chilson [ Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:28 pm ]

Who needs a coaster when your man's crotch will do. . .

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:59 pm ]

I finally finished the roll of film that I started at Trailer Trash day - so here are some b/w shots, again just a few fun candids and more from the saran wrap suspension.

Author:  littlegett [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Those B/W's of Chris are friggin FANTASTIC, seriously I really like those. The headshot a bit better than the other but they are both incredible. (-;

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:03 pm ]

Smile I agree with you, I love how those came out. And thank you! The headshot one is a little sharper, too. I was still shooting pretty slow shutter speeds indoors, even at 1600 ISO.

I love my b/w film. I think for film work, I'm just gonna concentrate on slide film for color - it's tough, but if I do my thing right, I should be able to make gorgeous full color transparencies - and the high ISO for b/w. I'm still thinking about a new digital camera at some point, that has a bit better resolution. Haven't even gone so far as to compare features and pricing yet, not ready to spend the money. But I would still like to have the option of shooting digitals and not having them limited to the under-8x10 size that my digitals are now.

Yep, I just want it ALL - want my option of what medium to shoot any concept or single image in. Appreciating the differences!

Author:  littlegett [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

I am very humbled with your use of Film. I could only dream of trying to create so many levels of tone in an image as these contain. Its like some of the stuff I have tried to create with contrasts but just have not figured it out yet.

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:36 pm ]

In all honesty... the film just kind of "does" it. It's why I like the b/w film so much. Digital b/w has a totally different feel to it. I've never even tried to make a digital shot imitate the look of a film shot, so I couldn't even begin to give advice on if it can be done convincingly. These are really seriously just snapshots... indoors, not even thinking about lighting beyond "is there enough light to shoot by?" Even fast b/w film kind of has that same "the blacks are inky and the whites are almost kinda washed out, but in that good way" feeling, just crisp without the grain the high ISO stuff has. It's something in the difference of the way the gradient from white to grey runs, I think. It's a harsher gradient, yet in a pleasing way. Maybe that's best I can explain it.

You should think about getting like a Canon A2E or something - they sell for about $100 or something, used. If you want to try shooting some film, that is. Works just like our accustomed digital cameras, only you just don't see the image on the back afterward...! I can maybe let you borrow Gremlin's sometime to try it. I won't sell his of course, but having it used and appreciated would be fine. I don't use that body, because I have my own Canon 35mm that is my primary film camera - the 1NRS these were shot with.

You have a Canon, right? I can't remember which camera you have, but your same lens should fit the A2E if you want to try it out sometime. I think it would work great with your style, and you can get scans of the negatives and do all your additional digital magic on them still. Course it entails paying for film and processing, but for certain projects, to shoot a roll selectively here and there isn't all that expensive. Shooting piles all the time, yeah, really adds up!

Author:  misspixie [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

The B&W headshot of Chris is great!!! Wow! Very Happy

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:58 pm ]

Smile Thank you! I was really happy with how that came out too. He just might end up with an acting portfolio image out of it, if he wants to use it, and I'd be perfectly happy with that!

Author:  littlegett [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks, I will have to consider that for another one of my million and twelve concepts that are floating under the bed. 6-;

I think (next to the chemicals) my bane with film is the costs. I have never done will with the chemicals and well, yeah. I am currently using a Canon 20D, so if the lenses fit that would be cool. Though, we may talk about that later.

(-;

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:48 pm ]

Yep, the 20D uses the same lenses. So let me know if you want to try it sometime.

I don't process my own film - yet - want to though. But meanwhile just take it to a lab, and I have a film scanner, but the labs can scan the negatives for you also. So no contact with chemicals necessary. The cost part - yes. My favorite 35mm film is around $8/roll, and about $8 to process. So about $16 for 36 shots, and then of course I don't pay for scanning cause I do that myself. Could set you up to do that here at times too though, and save that cost, maybe.

Anyway we can talk about it, yes!

Author:  Battledress Paint N Body [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

I need to get my hands on the black eye shot....

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:41 pm ]

As in print size? I can do that - I just have to scan it at higher resolution and clean up the scan a bit. You want me to do that and send a file? Otherwise feel free to just download the .jpg if you're looking for online use.

I'll credit you with the makeup on dA - didn't have any clue who did it and should have asked from the beginning!

Author:  NevaehLleh [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:49 am ]

You guys are making me miss my film camera and working in a darkroom more than I already did. Crying or Very sad

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:43 am ]

Come on - EVERYONE get film cameras! I still want to put a darkroom in here.... maybe next year, I guess. I've never even worked in a darkroom, sadly. Can't wait to be able to shoot the film and go straight in to process it myself!

Author:  LuminonPhotography [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:52 am ]

OMG! You snot nosed brats are making me feel old!

wynnesome @ Mon 09 Jun, 2008 09:43 wrote:
Come on - EVERYONE get film cameras! I still want to put a darkroom in here.... maybe next year, I guess. I've never even worked in a darkroom, sadly. Can't wait to be able to shoot the film and go straight in to process it myself!

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 am ]

Nope, nope, nonono. None of that "old" garbage. That doesn't fly here.

Author:  crimzon [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  b/w film

For black-n-white, processing is pretty simple. A small dark closet can work or a changing bag (unless your shooting larget format, then a light-tight bathroom is almost required).

Printing can be easy too, if you can sacrifice a bathroom for it.

Myself, I haven't shot 35mm in nearly three years. But if I were to shoot anything besides my view camera, I'd go for medium format. And if price is an issue, there nothing like a Holga; gotta love plastic lenses! Very Happy

: