D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

2/1/09 - Introductory Lighting Techniques w/ Adam Chilson & Lisa Berczel - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:40 pm ]
Post subject:  2/1/09 - Introductory Lighting Techniques w/ Adam Chilson & Lisa Berczel - with EVENT PHOTOS!

***THIS CLASS IS SOLD OUT!***
Please contact the studio for information about booking a private instructional session, and/or registration for our March 15 Advanced Lighting Techniques workshop, currently booking.

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Instructor: Adam Chilson, MM#19554
MUA/Stylist: Lisa Berczel, MM#47292
Featured Model: NevaehLleh, MM#326805
**with 2nd model TBA**

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

This workshop will be an all day event on Sunday, Feb 1, that covers the basics of Adam's meticulous lighting techniques.
Application of these techniques is what allows him to create his reality-suspending images without the use of digital effects or post-production.

Workshop itinerary includes demonstration, discussion, and test shooting of lighting techniques applicable to artistic nude, glamour,
and portrait photography, with a model on set.

The second half of the day will include individual shooting opportunities for all participating photographers with Featured Model NevaehLleh,
and full hair/makeup by Lisa Berczel. Photographers will receive a promotional model release for portfolio use of images shot at this event.

Registration for this workshop is limited to 8 photographers.
Workshop fee of $175 ($180 through PayPal) must be paid in advance.

Lunch is provided, and fee includes promotional model releases from workshop models.

For complete details and registration information, please visit the workshop web site.

For inquiries, information, or registration, please contact the studio at studio@dm-gremlin.com, or call 866-334-4364.

Images from our previous workshops can be seen on the workshop web site, as well as here in our studio forums!

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Feb. 1 2009 - Introductory Lighting Techniques w/ Adam Chilson & Lisa Berczel Repeats!

As of Jan 8, we are SOLD OUT for this class, and we haven't even announced the 2nd model yet!

We're currently booking for "Advanced Lighting Techniques" on March 15, preliminary itinerary here.

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Feb. 1 2009 - Introductory Lighting Techniques w/ Adam Chilson & Lisa Berczel Repeats!

Workshop was fantastic yesterday, and images to come later today!

Author:  NevaehLleh [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:39 pm ]

I have bruises everywhere! LOL

Author:  wynnesome [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:01 pm ]

Oh, Rosie!

Thank you so much for hanging in those chains all afternoon. I have a couple of images soon to post, from that series, and I'm sure our workshop participants have many even more fantastic. Not to mention Adam's!

I was already going to post with a note about how our crowd kind of takes for granted doing things like hanging in chains, but that you ended up with some pretty deep pressure marks. And I'm not surprised some bruises too.

Not to mention that other thing on your face from the shoot afterward!

Author:  KeithW [ Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:52 pm ]

We had a great time yesterday and learned a lot about different lighting while getting some amazing shots...

Thanks to Adam & Wendy for the workshop, Lisa for the Makeup and especially Emobi & Rosie for the amazing modeling. Who knew chains and oils mixed so well...

Cheers

Keith & Caroline

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:25 am ]

Keith, you're so welcome, both of you, and I hope we'll see you back again next month!

Nice shot - the bruises may not have shown up till today, but wow, you can see those tire tracks!

Author:  NevaehLleh [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:57 am ]

That is so awesome! Now I have evidence of the torture!!! Wink

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:02 pm ]

Rosie, you suffer for 'em all.

Author:  Battledress Paint N Body [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm sooooo glad to see images starting to show up.

The class was fun, exciting and everyone was a pleasure.

Now, show me some MAKEUP!!!!

Wink

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:47 pm ]

I'll be posting tonight. I have some good shots of Rosie's earlier makeup. And the models in the chains. Priorities, people! Oh yeah, and some candids, too.

Author:  KeithW [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:25 pm ]

Just to keep Lisa happy...

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:32 pm ]

Whoo, now that is what I call Make Up! Good for you, Lisa?

Author:  KeithW [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:56 pm ]

A few from behind the scenes... anyone want to guess what Adam was saying in each one?

Keith

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:01 pm ]

Ah, those are awesome!

I'd better refrain from captioning or I will get in trouble... Twisted Evil

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 pm ]

Ok, for Lisa, some "portrait" shots of Rosie.

Author:  NevaehLleh [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:45 pm ]

Oh wow Wendy! I absolutely love those and every one of them is totally PG. Very Happy

Author:  wynnesome [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:46 pm ]

:sigh: Rosie, I must apologize to you for not having sufficient appreciation for your beautiful breasts.

My shame is showing!

I'm glad you like the shots! You know the drill, repost them in portfolios as desired!

Author:  KeithW [ Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:18 pm ]

Some more makeup... this time of Emobi so she doesn't feel left out Rolling Eyes

K

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 am ]

Awesome shots, Keith, it's so great of you to share all of these, from the candids to the finished images. I hope we'll see some of Caroline's, too!

I just put a few of my images from the day into an album on my gallery site:
http://www.starkravenmusic.com/gallery/main.php/v/Travel/workshop090201/

Some candids/"in class" images, and then some more polished images as well.

I'll attach a couple of my favorites here, but for anyone who wants to see more, feel free to check out the gallery album!

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:34 am ]

A couple of shots from the later sets with Emobi.

Again, more images here:

Author:  wynnesome [ Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 am ]

And, from the last sets of the day with Nevaehlleh.

More images on my own gallery, here:

Author:  aalleexx5 [ Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:02 am ]

Thank you all for a great time. It was such a great class. I was very surprised with the pictures I was able to get since I have never touched a studio light in my life. Of course it is very tough to take a bad picture of our beautiful models. Thank you both for hanging in there. Literally! Well I'll post more photos when I get some free time to organize all the photos I took. Thank you again Wendy and Adam, I'm sure I'll be back for more workshops.

Alex R

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 am ]

Alex, thank you so much as well. Excellent shot of Emobi, and we hope one thing you took from the workshop was the confidence that you CAN take great photos, and the tools to know how to do it next time and every time forward!

We'll look forward of course to seeing further images from you if you would like to share them when you have the opportunity.

And of course, if you decide to come back for the Advanced workshop with Adam on 3/15, please let us know! Otherwise, the workshop series is continuing and we will definitely have more workshop offerings on into the future!

Author:  Battledress Paint N Body [ Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wow, what a great image, Alex!

Author:  aalleexx5 [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2/1/09 - Introductory Lighting Techniques w/ Adam Chilson & Lisa Berczel - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Thank you! Here are some of Rosie.

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2/1/09 - Introductory Lighting Techniques w/ Adam Chilson & Lisa Berczel - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Oooh, nice! The top middle, and the bottom one, especially!

Author:  KeithW [ Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:44 pm ]

Been looking back through the workshop images and this one was a bit of a fluke... really happy with it though... patiently waiting for March 15 Wink

Author:  Adam Chilson [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Like that cat that ate the canary

Loved her expression in this one!

Author:  Adam Chilson [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:51 pm ]

Some really strong images coming out of this workshop. First time I've had a chance to review them all. Very well done guys!!

Author:  wynnesome [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 pm ]

KeithW @ Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:44 am wrote:
Been looking back through the workshop images and this one was a bit of a fluke... really happy with it though... patiently waiting for March 15 Wink

Keith, that's great. I love the abstract element to it.

I know what you mean by "fluke," but it take a lot of solid preparation, good eye, and quick catch to grab that "fluke" into a great shot. Nice job!

We're really looking forward to Sunday, too!

Author:  Adam Chilson [ Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Aftermath

Somewhere along the way we forgot to put the big chain back in. Ooooops. Sorry Nev!

: