D. M. Gremlin Productions - Forums

Jan 23 Open House and Themed Photo Shoot - with EVENT PHOTOS!

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Jan 23 Open House and Themed Photo Shoot - with EVENT PHOTOS!

D. M. Gremlin Studios continues its monthly Open House event on January 23, from 6pm-midnight!

Open House is a free event for studio tours, networking, and just a plain good time. Past events have included live music, photo shoots, backlot bbq's, and more!

Full details for Open House are at the Open House web site. Anyone wishing to attend Open House MUST RSVP at least 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE of the event, to studio@dm-gremlin.com. No RSVP by forum post, MM message, etc. We do have limited capacity and will cap the event if RSVP's indicate a full house.

This month's Open House will feature a photo shoot including bodypainting by Lisa Berczel (MM#47292) and set/lighting by Adam Chilson (MM#19554).

The theme for this shoot is a Heavy Metal (the movie!) styled Epic Battle between Warrior Woman Evina Luna and Demon Chameleon, complete with sword collection!

The Models:
(see attached images!)

Evina Luna is an agency-represented fitness and promotional model, veteran of campaigns for Hawaiian Tropics, Coors Light/Guitar Hero, WNK Wear Clothing, and more.

Chameleon is a professional art model who sits regularly for life drawing sessions at educational institutions and studios throughout Southern California.

There is a $20 fee per person to shoot this set.
Participants will receive promotional (non-commercial) model releases.

The shoot fee is a small way to say thank you to those who have put their time and efforts into making D. M. Gremlin Studio Open House nights an amazing event for the past year!

Proceeds from the shoot will be split between the models, Adam, and Lisa, along with the wonderful Groovacious Karen, who has been bringing bbq to Open House at her own expense for the past few months to feed our hungry friends!

No advance registration is required for the shoot, beyond the required RSVP to the Open House event itself. Shoot fee is payable in cash only, at the door.

The shooting set will be open for observation by non-shooters, but no cameras will be permitted in the shooting room for those not choosing to pay the $20 fee and shoot. Space priority will be given to paid shooters.

Once more, anyone interested in Open House and/or this shoot, must RSVP by Wednesday Jan 21, to studio@dm-gremlin.com, including number who will be attending.

Author:  Groovaciousk [ Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 am ]
Post subject: 

I have the misfortune of having no extra $$$ for BBQ this coming Friday night. I'll be there after another deal (church actually) around 8:30p. Look forward to seeing everyone there and sorry I can't do the food thing this month. My humblest apologies. It was such a pleasure.

Author:  wynnesome [ Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Jan 23 Open House and Themed Photo Shoot!

No need to apologize, you've gone far above and beyond in feeding the masses the past few months. I'm glad you'll be able to come spend part of the evening with us.

Author:  leeland [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 pm ]

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.
First in line from last night.

Thanks to Lonny for taking on camera duties for us...

Thanks to Andrew for plastering, hanging the drapes, and other interior decorating touches on Dave.

Thanks to Dave and Evina for having a romp in body paint.

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:25 pm ]

Whoo, nice shot Lonny!

I'm going to post a couple here - I just grabbed a few shots between sets, wanting to leave most of the time to the Open House participants who paid to do the shoot. But, I got a couple nice images and a few cool and funny candids!

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:29 pm ]

Here are some "candid on set" shots.

"What not to do when fighting for your life against a big bad monster!"

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:31 pm ]

Here's one final shot, always nice to see the shoot in progress from "behind the scenes."

Pretty clear that everyone is having a good time!

Author:  littlegett [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jan 23 Open House and Themed Photo Shoot - with event photos!

Here is a candid for ya.

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jan 23 Open House and Themed Photo Shoot - with event photos!

Awesome! It's Reality TV, showing clearly that the drama is all "staged!"

Author:  littlegett [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:45 pm ]

pinup

Author:  leeland [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:43 pm ]

Oh that is sooo wrong.
I love it, but it is wrong.
Lee
In case no one knew I was referring to the candid shot.

Author:  NevaehLleh [ Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:12 am ]

The candid is so my favorite. LOL

Author:  KeithW [ Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:20 pm ]

We had a great time at our first open night and meeting so many creative people. Special thanks to Evina and Dave for putting up with our requests. Here are some quick edits from the night

See you on Sunday 1st...

Keith & Caroline

Author:  wynnesome [ Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:46 pm ]

Nice shots Keith! Can't wait to see you next Sunday and get you both shooting during the workshop!

Author:  littlegett [ Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:52 am ]
Post subject: 

I want to see MORE!!!! Pose some images people 6-;

Author:  KeithW [ Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:52 pm ]

Your wish is our command...

I have added a quite few more to our Pbase website

www.pbase.com/sunflowerimaging/gremlin0123

Cheers

Keith

Author:  littlegett [ Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wicked, Well done, I check out the pbase as well. Very nice.

Author:  littlegett [ Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 pm ]

Well I will show off a few things I did on the other side of the house, even though no one asked. 6-;

Author:  littlegett [ Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:14 pm ]

and a few more

Author:  littlegett [ Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:16 pm ]

And a couple more

Author:  littlegett [ Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:17 pm ]

And a touch of Total Skull

Author:  KeithW [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:29 pm ]

I really like the lighting on these shots from the other studio... I saw some of them being set up so it's nice to compare the final image

K

Author:  wynnesome [ Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:45 pm ]

http://rapidshare.com/files/192098451/GremlinStudiosJan.zip.html

Image download sent by Maceo, with Open House pics, and this is the easiest way to pass along to everyone what he sent.

Click the link, go to the "rapidshare" site and click "free user." It makes you wait a few seconds, then a big "download" button appears and you can start the dl. It's about 27mb, so big download. But, it downloaded fine for me, the folder unzips, and there are 13 images.

I did not set this up nor choose this download service, and can't troubleshoot it if it doesn't work for someone. Maceo sent this link to me, so I'm just passing it along to anyone who wants to download the images.

Author:  littlegett [ Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Those are Fun images by Maceo. Well done.

: