For Studio Reservations: Please email the studio.
Please make sure to include all of the information requested here.
For first-time reservations, please allow 5-7 business days in advance.
All reservations must be confirmed by 48 hours in advance of the rental date/time.
Complete booking policies, terms, and conditions are listed here.
Photography Studio Rental Rates - Private photo or video shoots
(total head count of up to 6 individuals in/out across the rental period)
$15 / hour
$60 / 5-hour block
$12 / each add'l hour in same session
$20 / hour
$90 / 5-hour block
$18 / each add'l hour in same session
Photography Studio Rental Rates - Group photo or video shoots
(total head count of 7-15 individuals in/out across the rental period)
$18 / hour
$80 / 5-hour block
$15 / each add'l hour in same session
$25 / hour
$110 / 5-hour block
$22 / each add'l hour in same session
Full Studio/Full Day Rental - Studio A plus Studio B - 10 hours, $300
**Flexible start and end times; available weekdays and weekends.
**Includes 900 square feet of shooting space, and all equipment and amenities of Studio A and Studio B.
**Run two simultaneous sets, or use one room as a styling area while shooting in the second studio.
**Available for groups of up to 30 people; perfect for production shoots, group shoots, and workshops.
**Please note: Full Studio/Full Day bookings always require notice one full week in advance for cancellation/rescheduling.
All studio services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by appointment only. Absolutely no business is done on a walk-in basis. We do not offer private studio tours. If you are interested in visiting the facilities, please attend one of our monthly Studio Open House Night events. Open House information is here, and please note that for first-time visitors, RSVP is required at least 48 hours in advance of each month's event.
All reservations must be requested and confirmed at least 48 hours in advance. General appointments must be confirmed at least 24 hours in advance. First time reservations must be paid in full in advance (please see Terms & Conditions, below), with payment completed by at least 48 hours in advance of the rental date/time. Please make first-time rental requests at least 5-7 business days in advance, in order to allow sufficient time for exchange of client and studio information, and completion of payment arrangements.
We maintain an online scheduling calendar showing what times are booked and available in Studio A and Studio B, as well as studio events and closures. We always keep at least 30 minutes in between appointments for set-up/tear down. So if Studio A is shown as booked from 2pm-6pm on a given day, the room would be available up until 1:30pm, or anytime after 6:30pm on that day.
(back to top of page)
Reservation requests may be made by email or by telephone (866-334-4364). Confirmation must take place by email. Reservation requests from first time clients need to include all of the following information:
- Your full name
- Acknowledgement that you are at least 18 years of age
- Current address (no PO boxes) and telephone number
- Date, start time, and end time of the reservation you are requesting
- Which studio (A or B) you are requesting
- Total number of individuals, including yourself, who will be in/out of the studio during the rental period. Head count includes every person, not simply the largest number on premises at any one time.
For current clients who have completed at least one reservation here, please include date, start/end time, which studio, and total number of people with your reservation request. Your billing/contact information will be kept on file, and please keep us updated if your address, telephone number, or email address changes. Client contact information is kept on file by the studio only, and is never sold nor shared.
We're diligent in responding to all client communications, and most reservation requests and general messages will be addressed within 24 hours. Occasionally we're out of the studio for special events or location work, resulting in slightly longer response times. Where this occurs, these events will be noted in the studio calendar as "out of studio." So, if you have not heard a response to your reservation request, feel free to check the calendar and see if this might be the case. Otherwise, if you have not received a response by 24 hours after you have sent an email or left a voicemail, this nearly always indicates that we did not receive your message. Technology is imperfect; so if this should occur, please resend your email or give us a call back.
Once we have received your reservation request, we will either make payment arrangements (for first time clients), or let you know that your reservation has been entered into the scheduling calendar. Confirmed reservations are a binding legal contract. Payment for a first time reservation, or request for studio time for continuing reservations, indicates agreement with the studio's booking terms as written below.
Terms & Conditions:
(back to top of page)
General Booking Terms:
- Studio reservations and fees are in increments of one hour.
- All studio reservations must be requested and confirmed at least 48 hours in advance. For reservations requiring advance payment, payment must be completed at least 48 hours in advance of the reservation.
- The renting client (the person making the reservation) must be at least 18 years of age and competent to enter into a legal contract.
- The renting client must be present in the studio for the duration of the rental period. No crew or personnel will be admitted to the studio without the renting client present. Exceptions may be made at the studio's discretion and by arrangement in advance, for agencies or production companies renting the studio for commercial projects.
- The renting client is responsible for any loss or damage to studio equipment or facilities by anyone who enters the studio in conjunction with the rental. For Studio B, an additional $10 cleaning fee above the studio rental fees will be due in cash at the end of any shoot if food spills, stains, or splatters are left in the microwave or refrigerator.
- The studio assumes no responsibility for any injury to any client or person entering the studio or to any personal property or equipment brought by any client or person to the studio, including vehicles and their contents.
- If the studio has availability continuing past the original reservation, at the discretion of the studio, extensions to the scheduled reservation may be available upon request at the time of the reservation.
- For all general reservations not requiring advance payment, payment is accepted in cash only, due in full prior to the scheduled end time on the date of the booked reservation. For all cash payments, whether in advance or day-of-rental, no bills larger than $20, and no coins are accepted for payment. Exact change is appreciated, and is required for any reservation ending at or past the hour of 9:00pm. Receipts are available upon request.
- Non-refundable full payment in advance is required for the initial reservation(s) made by any new client. "Initial reservation(s)" refers to any rental reservation(s) booked by the client prior to the completion of the client's first studio rental. Non-refundable advance payment may be required for subsequent reservations at the discretion of the studio, particularly in regard to future reservations in cases where a client has had a past-due account.
- Advance payments may be made by one of two methods:
** Cash payment in person at the studio, by appointment. Available appointment times will vary, and all payment appointments will need to be confirmed at least 24 hours in advance. Payment appointments take about 5 minutes; a receipt is provided, and the studio is not open for tours/walk-throughs during payment appointments.
** Mailed payment in the form of a United States Postal Money Order, which can be purchased only at a U.S. Post Office. It is recommended that mailed payments are sent using a trackable form of mail. The studio is not liable for mail or payments lost or delayed in transit.
- Additional hours added to the reservation on the day of the rental, and/or additional fees for background paper, ringflash rental, or for moving from small group to large group rate, are payable in cash only, at the time of the rental.
Entry/Exit and Load-In/Load-Out:
- First time reservations, or any other reservations where advance payment is made, are non-refundable and confirmed for the date and time specified, with no option to cancel, reschedule, or change the starting and/or ending time of the reservation.
- For all general reservations not requiring advance payment, the renting client is responsible for payment in full for the time booked, with payment due prior to the scheduled end time on the date of the booked reservation, unless notice of cancellation or request to reschedule is provided by the client and confirmed by the studio as follows:
** For sessions taking place on weekdays (Mon-Fri), notice of cancellation or rescheduling must be provided and acknowledged no later than 48 hours in advance of the start time of the session as booked.
** For sessions taking place on weekends (Sat/Sun), notice of cancellation or rescheduling must be provided and acknowledged at least one full week in advance, i.e. by the start time of the booked session the prior Saturday for Saturday sessions; the prior Sunday for Sunday sessions.
** For any Full Studio/Full Day rental, regardless of day of the week, one full week's notice is required for cancellation or rescheduling of the reservation, including reduction in number of hours reserved, or switching to a single-studio reservation for Studio A or B only. One full week is defined as the start time and day of the week of the scheduled reservation, the week prior to the booked date. For example, notice of cancellation or rescheduling of a Full Studio/Full Day booking scheduled for a Monday at 10am would need to be provided and acknowledged no later than 10am the Monday prior to the reservation.
- Cancellation notice is not valid until acknowledged by the studio. Studio is not responsible for non-delivery of messages due to failure of email or telephone service. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that the studio has received notice of cancellation or rescheduling by noting the reply from the studio that will be provided in response to that request. Until acknowledgement of the cancellation or rescheduling has been made by the studio, the booking is still in the studio calendar and the client is still responsible for the reservation and liable for payment for the studio hours as booked.
- For any cancellation or rescheduling made with notice such that payment is owed, payment is expected to be completed prior to the scheduled end time of the booked studio reservation. In the event that it is not possible to make payment in person in cash at the scheduled reservation time, client may arrange with the studio to complete payment by mail in the form of a United States Postal Money Order.
- For any studio booking where payment is not completed by the end time of the scheduled reservation, the account will be considered Past Due. After 30 days, a Past Due account will be considered Delinquent. Delinquent accounts are subject to collections actions including small claims court at the discretion of the studio, with any collection fees/court fees accruing to the past due amount owed.
- Entry/load-in time for any reservation is no earlier than 15 minutes before the start time of the reservation. Load-out and exit must be completed by 15 minutes after the end time of the reservation. Additional fees will apply at the hourly studio rate if load-out extends beyond this period.
- Studio back parking lot access follows load-in and load-out times. Vehicles may not be parked in the studio's back lot more than 15 minutes prior to the start time of the scheduled reservation, and must be pulling out of the studio's parking lot no later than 15 minutes after the end time of the scheduled reservation.
- Studio A enters, exits, and loads in/out through the building's back door (parking lot entrance). Studio B enters, exits, and loads in/out through the building front door (Atlantic Ave entrance). Both studios share the back parking lot for vehicle parking (back lot shooting access is restricted to Studio A). For Studio B, the two-hour street parking directly outside the front door more than accommodates temporary parking for immediate load-in access. The renting client is responsible for directing all personnel to the appropriate building entry.
- Studio address and map links, along with detailed parking information, can be found here. The renting client is responsible to provide this information and their own contact information to all crew and personnel. Studio staff are occupied with setup and preparation immediately prior to a rental, and will not be available by phone to assist with directions or entry instructions.